Saturday, July 7, 2012

Traveling without children

Dear friends,
I ought to write something brilliant here, but I'm too busy packing for a writing workshop in Oregon's Wallawa mountains. Taking off alone is something the single, childless woman is free to do while her motherly counterparts have to either stay home or take the kids with them. So when you're feeling down about not having kids, consider the flip side, that you're free to do things, like travel. Of course, I'm not completely unfettered. In addition to untangling from work for a while, I had to find care for Annie, my dear dog. I can't stand the guilt of putting her in the kennel aka doggie jail again, so we'll have a dogsitter here to tend the house and keep Miss A. company. It's more expensive, but hey, it's Annie.

I might not be able to get on the Internet much while I'm gone, so please be patient if I don't approve your comments or respond to them right away. Maybe you can reread some past posts. As time passes, our perspective changes.

I have the proof for my Childless by Marriage book in my bag, and the printer will be printing it while I'm gone. You can pre-order it now at the childless website or at Amazon.com.

See you soon.
Sue

No comments: