Saturday, June 30, 2012

Childless by Marriage has gone to press

I hesitate to advertise here, but I going to do it today. My Childless by Marriage book went to the printer yesterday and will soon be in paperback form. Copies should be available by Aug. 1.

What's in this book I keep yammering about? Here's the summary:

First you marry a man who does not want children. He cheats and you divorce him. Then you marry the love of your life and find out he does not want to have children with you either. Although you always wanted to be a mother, you decide he is worth the sacrifice, expecting to have a long, happy life together. But that's not what happens. This is the story of how a woman becomes childless by marriage and how it affects every aspect of her life.

The book tells my story, but I also include interviews of many childless women, as well as things I have learned in over a decade of studying childlessness. Chapters include "He Doesn't Want Children," "What Have I Done?" Who Knew It was a Sin?" "The Evil Stepmother," "Exiled from the Mom Club," "Why Don't You Have Kids?" "Can a Woman Be a Dog's Mother," "Mothering Fred," "Side Effects of Motherhood" and "What Will I Leave Behind?" For a complete table of contents, visit my Childless page at http://www.suelick.com/Childless.htmlhttp://www.suelick.com/Childless.html.

The book will cost $15.95, plus $2.50 shipping and handling. However, if you want to pre-order a copy by mailing a check to Sue Fagalde Lick, P.O. Box 755, South Beach, OR 97366, before Aug. 1, I'll send it to you for $15 total. I will be putting a Paypal link on my website shortly for online orders, including credit card payments.

Remember, the book is also available as a Kindle e-book for only $2.99.

Questions? Email me at sufalick@gmail.com.


No comments: