Thursday, January 12, 2012

Words to ponder about childlessness, motherhood and puppies


This month's issue of The Sun, a literary magazine that I love, has a whole page of quotes about childbirth and babies. Most are about the joys of giving birth--something we haven't experienced.

This one echoes what many people have said about childbirth:"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."--Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. Do you think this is true?

And I like this one, just to tickle the brain:"If death is the end of life, what is birth the end of?"--Jarod Kintz.

If the above make you feel bad, read this beautiful post by Abbie Smith about being childless yet using our mother energy in other ways at the "Unsteady Saint" blog. I think you will like it.

By the way, my neighbor's dog had nine golden retriever puppies. I have visited them a couple times and got to hold one. They are the softest, most beautiful things ever. I think baby dogs can cure almost anything, don't you?

Hugs.

Sue

No comments: