Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another book to ponder

I just finished another book that happened to be about babies and husbands who don't want them. After the Rice is a beautifully written novel by Wendy French, a writer I really like, but I was shocked by the ending. How much was the protagonist,Megan's, decision influenced by her husband's strong stand against babies? Did she remain childless to please him or was that what she really wanted? Am I just a romantic who wants others to have the babies I didn't have? Check it out. You'll love Wendy's writing style. The characters she creates are so delightful, I miss them now that I'm through with the book. But that ending. I just don't know.

While I'm at it, I might as well plug her other books, sMothering,Going Coastal and Full of It. Fun reading.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This blog has moved. Please switch over to the new site at http://www.childlessbymarriageblog.com. All of the old posts have already been transferred over there, and it would make life easier if you would comment at that site. Thank you.

No comments: